It’s important that you install the right type of heating system to be warm during the winter months. There are several things you’ll want to consider when trying to determine the right type of system. Below, this plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in Algonquin, Illinois is going to discuss three questions you should ask before choosing a heating system.
1. What are the different types of heating systems and their unique advantages?
- Furnaces – This heating system has been tried and tested for generations. It works by forced air heating. The warm air then gets transferred through the entire house. One of its unique advantages is that you may include it with the installation of a humidification system. Plus, it has a filter that assures you that the heated air is clean.
- Steam Boilers – These are some of the most common types of heating systems in U.S. households. They use less energy, helping you save more on your monthly utility bill. It is also easy to maintain and is less expensive than most heating systems.
- Radiant Heating Systems – Radiant heating systems can put out a great deal of heat. The production of heat comes from the form of thermal radiation. It is installed either on the floors or the walls. It is well suited for people who are allergic to pollen and dust because the heat is not transferred through the air, eliminating these allergens.
2. How can you determine the right size system?
You may look for room heating calculators online to find the correct sized heater to efficiently warm your residential and commercial space. These tools can approximately determine the heater capacity you need. Factors such as the climate you live in and the insulation in your rooms are important to consider. In most instances, to be accurate, you will need professional assistance in Algonquin, Illinois, to help you.
3. What are your priorities?
- Budget – The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that nearly 30% of monthly utility expense comes from a home’s heating system. It is no wonder that, for most people, having a budget-friendly heating system is a must. If central heating takes a back seat on your list of priorities, the Radiant heating system would be more budget friendly. However, a steam boiler is recommended if you prefer a budget friendly central heating system.
- Eco-friendly – Based on a new study by an environmental technology company, 64% of Americans are more willing to invest in sustainable items. Are you one of them? If so, then now could be the perfect time to replace your old furnace with a new one. You can have a new more environmentally friendly heating system in Algonquin, Illinois installed by a trained professional. New furnaces have up to 96% Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE).
- Convenience — If a hassle and maintenance-free heating system is a top priority, the radiant heating system needs less maintenance.
Ready to Install a New Heating System? Contact the Premier Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Company in Algonquin, Illinois
Are you ready to install a new heating system for your home or business? If so, look no farther than the experts at Lifeline. As the premier plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in Algonquin, Illinois, our heating technicians would be more than happy to help you meet with you to determine the right type of heating system for your needs. Contact us today at (847) 468-0069 to discuss your options.