During the sweltering summer months, it is not uncommon for plumbing and HVAC systems to experience issues. To help get a better understanding, this plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in South Barrington, Illinois is going to discuss some of the common issues homeowners encounter with their plumbing and HVAC systems during the summer months.
Common Plumbing Repairs in South Barrington, Illinois
The following is a list of the five most common plumbing issues that occur during the summer months:
- Basement flooding: Summer rains are common in Illinois. Unexpected downpours can grow into a flooding concern in a short period. After the winter months, it is crucial to double check that your sump pump is in excellent working condition to prevent flooding in your basement during the summer.
- Clogged garbage disposal: The summer is the best time for outdoor barbecues and fresh fruits. Because fruit pits and grease from grilling could easily clog your garbage disposal and keep it from working correctly, clogged disposals are especially common in the summer. Fortunately, your local plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in South Barrington, Illinois can repair them quickly.
- Slow-clearing shower drains: Typically, people spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer. Sand, dirt, and grass are just some of the things that can get in the shower, clogging the drain. Another thing you can do to prevent drains from being clogged is to check the drain grate and remove any hair that gets stuck in it.
If any of these issues pop up this summer, you should contact a professional plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in South Barrington, Illinois, and they will be happy to fix it.
Common HVAC Repairs in South Barrington, Illinois
Here are some of the most common heating and air conditioning issues that homeowners face during the summer months:
- Clogged air filters: Air filters that are clogged up are a common cause of AC service calls. If your air conditioner is on, but the temperature inside your South Barrington home does not seem to be dropping, you may have a clogged air filter.
- Faulty thermostat: You may have a faulty thermostat if your AC continues to run for long after the desired temperature has been attained. A skilled AC specialist can recommend a suitable replacement that falls within your budgetary constraints.
- Capacitor burn-out: The capacitor stores the energy that is required for the compressor to function correctly. Your AC consists of two capacitors — one is used to start the system, and the other is used to keep it running. If one of these burns out, your AC will no longer work. You should always hire a qualified HVAC repair company in South Barrington, Illinois for these types of repairs.
- Clogged drain lines: Clear drain lines are essential to keep the humidity levels in your South Barrington home at an appropriate level. The moisture filtered out of the air by your unit is then collected and transferred out of your home through the drainpipes. Using a wet/dry vacuum to remove blockages from clogged drain lines is a simple approach that can help you to avoid the expense of emergency repairs.
- Refrigerant leaks: You may have a refrigerant leak if your unit is having trouble maintaining a consistent temperature or if it is not cooling your home. As always, your local plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in South Barrington, Illinois can help with the task.
Looking for a Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Company in South Barrington, Illinois?
If you are looking for the top-rated plumbing, heating and air conditioning company in South Barrington, Illinois, you’ve come to the right place — Lifeline is the company to call. We provide same-day and round-the-clock emergency HVAC and plumbing services, so you can count on us to be there when you need us the most. Call us anytime at (847) 468-0069 or contact us online to request a free quote.