Dealing with a leaking furnace is not only time-consuming and frustrating, but it can also lead to a lot of property damage and costly repairs. Moreover, if you face this problem in the middle of winter, you’ll have to deal with the inconvenience of living inside a cold house.
Below, we’re going to discuss the various services offered in Huntley by Lifeline Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, as well as some ways in which you can deal with a leaking furnace.
Huntley, IL Plumbing Services and Contractor
Lifeline provides all types of plumbing services throughout the Huntley area. We have a team of trained and seasoned plumbers that provide 24/7 service to all commercial and residential property owners. You can contact us anytime to take care of your plumbing needs, whether it’s a repair or inspection of an existing system, or an installation of an entirely new system.
Heating Services and Contractor in Huntley, IL
With winter on the horizon, it is important to have a properly functioning heating system that will serve you well throughout the season. Lifeline can install or replace a wide range of heaters, including electric and gas furnaces, geothermal heating systems, radiant heating systems, and ductless mini-splits. We also offer annual maintenance plans to ensure that your heating unit functions effectively all throughout the cold season. Unfortunately, however, there are several things that can cause a furnace to leak. Some of these include:
- Clogged Condensation Lines. Condensation is created during the heat exchange process. During normal operation, this condensation is drained away from the furnace. However, if there is a leak, you might notice a puddle forming near your furnace.
- Non-operational Condensate Pump. The function of the condensate pump is to carry the water away from the furnace. However, if the condensate pump is malfunctioning — either due to an electrical or mechanical problem — the furnace could start to leak.
- Condensation from the Metal Vent Pipe. The function of the exhaust metal vent pipe is to carry away the gases produced during the condensation process and release them while they are still hot. For some reason, if this pipe is not properly designed, gases can get trapped during the combustion process. When these gases cool down, they can leak out of the furnace.
- Leaking Humidifier. Households often add a humidifier to the heating system to make the indoor air quality more comfortable during the winter. Humidifiers have water constantly circulating through them, and if clogged, it may give the appearance that the furnace is leaking.
- Leaking Air Conditioner. When winter has not completely set in and you are oscillating between switching on the air conditioner one day and the heater the next, it might not be your furnace that is leaking. Air conditioning units also have a condensate line and a drain pan that are capable of clogging and leaking.
Huntley, IL Air Conditioning Services
The team of professionals at Lifeline can take care of your air conditioning system throughout the year. Our technicians can help diagnose and fix any issue with your cooling system — from simply changing the air filters, to more serious issues such as part replacements.
Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Services and Contractor in Huntley, Illinois
Are you looking to have your HVAC system repaired, or have a new one installed? Are you in need of a certified HVAC technician or plumber in Huntley, Illinois? In either case, we are the team to call.
Lifeline Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has the answers to meet all your requirements. Our certified and highly trained technicians can get your plumbing and HVAC systems repaired, serviced, and functional as per your expectations.
Contact us today to get started!