As a homeowner, it’s important to be aware of the common plumbing myths and misconceptions. That way, next time you hear a gurgling sound or see a leak, you’ll know how to respond.
In this post, we’re going to discuss the various services offered by Lifeline Plumbing, Heating & Cooling in South Barrington, as well as explain some of the most common plumbing myths.
South Barrington, IL Plumbing Services
At Lifeline, we can help you with all types of plumbing services, including installations, repairs, and maintenance. As we mentioned above, it’s important that you know about the common plumbing myths and misconceptions to avoid future plumbing issues and additional costs. Here are some of them:
- Toilets can be kept fresh by using toilet tablets that contain bleach. This is not true, as the high concentration of bleach can actually harm the functioning of the inner toilet in less than a year. It’s good practice to use bleach as a toilet bowl cleaner, but it is best to not let it sit in the bowl for more than ten minutes.
- Rumbling or loud gurgling noises are a sign that your water heater needs to be replaced. This may not necessarily be the truth. A gurgling sound inside the water heater can be caused by churning sediment inside the heater that can make loud noises. This can be best resolved by having a plumber drain and flush your heater.
- Lemon peels will make your sink smell better. Depending on who you ask, lemon peels can have a refreshing smell. However, it is not recommended to place them in your sink unless you have a strong garbage disposal system. Alternatively, you could use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to combat unpleasant smells.
- It’s okay to use a plunger to unclog a sink. This is sometimes an acceptable practice, but not if you have a double sink. In the case of a double sink, the first sink may clear, but this may result in clogging with the other sink. Instead, it’s recommended that you use a non-chemical cleaner, but not as the permanent solution. It’s best to have a plumber take a look at the clog after it has been temporarily fixed.
- Hot grease can be flushed down the drain. Grease should never be poured down the drain — even if it’s hot. It is best to let the grease harden and dispose of it in the garbage can. When hot, grease forms a coating on the pipes, which can lead to clogs.
Heating and Furnace Services and Contractor in South Barrington, IL
It’s important to have a reliable furnace and heating system to keep you warm during the cold winter months. At Lifeline, we offer a wide range of heating systems and furnaces for replacement and installation. These include boilers, gas, and electric furnaces. Additionally, we also provide routine maintenance plans and 24/7 emergency repair services to make sure your heater functions normally throughout the year.
South Barrington, IL Air Conditioning Services and Contractor
We can repair, replace, or install whole-home air conditioning systems. Additionally, we also provide excellent air conditioning maintenance and repair services throughout the South Barrington area. Our technicians are highly trained to tackle any issues with your AC system — from general maintenance tasks like cleaning the vents and replacing the air filters, to taking care of low refrigerant levels.
Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Services in South Barrington, Illinois
Have you encountered a few clogs or a leak in your plumbing system? Do you need old pipes replaced or a new plumbing system installed in your South Barrington home? Looking to have your HVAC system serviced before the colder weather arrives?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then Lifeline Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is here to help. We have a team of licensed and highly skilled technicians who can handle all of your plumbing and HVAC needs.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment!