Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning in McHenry, IL: Plumbing Tips from Lifeline
At Lifeline Plumbing, we offer excellent plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services throughout the McHenry area. Our team of skilled technicians offers same-day service, 24/7 emergency repairs, and flexible scheduling that works around your busy schedule.
In this post, we’ll discuss the services offered by Lifeline, along with some vital plumbing tips:
McHenry, IL Plumbing Services
Plumbing is often taken for granted until something serious happens that requires immediate attention. What might seem like a minor issue may escalate into a bigger problem, causing clogged pipes, leaks, and property damage. Here are some tips to help you avoid clogged pipes at your home or office space:
- No Foreign Objects in Toilets: Only bodily waste and toilet paper should be flushed down the toilet. If there is anything else that is flushed down — such as cotton, medication, hygiene products, etc. — chances are high that the toilet could become clogged.
- Avoid grease or oil: If you pour oil or grease down your kitchen drain, it may not have any immediate effect; but it can slowly build up, layer by layer, until it eventually clogs the drain. Instead, you can let the fat solidify, then dispose it in the trash bin.
- Avoid chemical cleaners: Chemical cleaners are often used because they are advertised as being effective immediately; however, they are more harmful in the long run. They tend to corrode the internal plumbing parts, which is why they are best avoided.
- Use a strainer: Clogs in the kitchen are often caused by vegetable and fruit peels, and in the bathroom by soap and hair residue. You can avoid clogged drains by using a strainer both in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
- Test seals for leaks: Leaks in the toilet or kitchen pipes can spell big trouble, but major damage can be avoided if they are caught early on. You can identify leaks at the seal. For example, a simple food coloring test can help identify if the flush valve seal is leaking.
- Close the tap just right: Often times, we hear the tap dripping and are tempted to tighten it as much as we can. However, this is bad for the tap’s seal. Close the tap at its natural stopping point and avoid the urge to shut it as tight as you can go. If the dripping persists, you should contact your local plumbing company.
Besides dealing with simple to complex plumbing issues day in and day out, Lifeline can also help you with residential and commercial HVAC installation and servicing.
Heating Services in McHenry, IL
The optimal functioning of the heating unit is most important come wintertime. For this, it’s best to have your heating system serviced and well maintained throughout the season. At Lifeline, we not only offer a wide range of heating systems for installation and replacement, but we also provide 24/7 emergency repair services and routine maintenance plans so that the system functions throughout the winter.
McHenry, IL Air Conditioning Services
The air conditioning unit is often a part of the central HVAC system, or in some cases, a separate ductless mini-split system. In either case, it is important that it is cleaned, serviced, and maintained throughout the warm season. At Lifeline, we handle all kinds of air conditioning issues — from replacing air filters, to more severe issues such as refrigerant leaks and frozen condenser coils.
Residential and Commercial Plumbing and HVAC Services in McHenry, IL
Are you in need of a licensed plumbing contractor in McHenry, Illinois? Are you looking to have a new HVAC system installed?
Lifeline Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has the answers to meet all your requirements. We have a team of certified and highly skilled plumbers who can get your plumbing or HVAC systems repaired, serviced and functional.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment!